Thursday 26 November 2015

'Twas just a garden in the rain*

You will be unable to see my painting of the landscape adjacent to Kimmeridge Bay at Upton Park Upstairs Gallery  in December, because it was not accepted. 

Although "very well painted, it did not relate sufficiently to the theme Planet Art", which surprised me as I thought  a painting of one of the most majestic scenes in England would fall under the guideline:
"You might examine the scale of beauty we encounter, from the majesty of landscape . . . "






I suppose something like this would have done as they were seeking a response to Climate Change.

As it hasn't stopped raining for what seems like forever, I would have thought a painting of magnificent countryside in good weather would have been just what they were looking forward to cheer everyone up.






Ah well! you can't win 'em all!


Title for the young ones among you is the first line of a very popular song from about as many years ago as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment