Monday 20 January 2020

Easy Rider

You need to look carefully here. Could be a picture of a midget with a blue face and blue cap.But it's not: it is my latest transport machine to take the place of a car I cannot drive following Christmas heart attack!

Following my recent blog, this is another attempt to put me on a par with other sane people. I received a few replies to my first message  but need more to enable me to stay with you in a hard world    -   please?

I am still a learner scooter driver, having collided with fully stocked shelves in
Boots the Chemist on my first outing. The lady assistant who helped me re-enact this accident for this blog was very kind.
Her first comment when I entered the shop to stage the collision was:


" I remember you!"




This was after I had backed into the display - again!



I am not sure that I am getting better yet.
Notice in today's picture below that the streets are fairly empty and the pedestrians are the ones wearing bright jackets and safety helmets!





I thought I would try my arm at volunteering to help people and went off to a local venue where I discovered elderly ladies in general settling down to a sausage and mash and trifle lunch before bingo.  The lunch was very good especially after cooking for myself - with the help of  M&S.
I didn't stay for the bingo but have an offer to be the caller on any afternoon I care to return.
Not quite sure this is my cup of tea.

As you can see, I am still trying hard - but I badly need your help.


5 comments:

  1. Your dedication to the blog is impressive. Most people would have lain low for a few days after demolishing a display. But that’s not your style of course. Thanks for the photo te-enactment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Tony.
      Very kind of you to help me achieve some sort of life again
      Philip

      Delete
  2. You remember Joe who came to Vienna with us back on ‘82 - well aged five, he slipped away while shopping with his Mum in Waitrose and was discovered a few minutes later rebuilding a display of baked bean cans he had accidentally toppled. As you’d expect he made a better job of it than the original display stacker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Philip so lovely to see you back on here again. You still have a wonderful sense of humour. It is very difficult adjusting to a new way of life when you have lost your soul mate. I understand. But your lovely family will be there for you.
    I will let my son Simon know that you are on your blog again and he will be in touch. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great read as always, Philip - please keep it up. Love that you re-enacted your collision! Am sure you will be a Pro on the scooter in no time. I will take you out for some lunch when we are next down and share your blog with the rest of the Chacksfields in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete