Saturday 13 January 2018

original golf


“Adam, where are you going with that banana - I thought all we had was an apple?”
“My refreshment Eve, while I’m playing golf”.
“Where?”
“The Garden of Eden – where else?”
“Golf?”
“It’s a game best played as a fourball”.
"Fourball?”
“A game played by four people on a golf course”.
“But there are only two people on earth – you and me”.
“That’s what you think: there is always someone looking for a friendly fourball”.
“Why do they call it a ‘friendly’ fourball?”
“Because that is what they believe it is – until they start playing”.
“What makes it unfriendly?”
“Slow players in front”.“But I thought there was only you and me and the other three in your fourball”.
“There are always  slow players in front”.
“Do fourballs include ladies?”
“Not yet! I thought I had already said, this is the Garden of Eden! “
“Are you permitted to say that – isn’t it sexist?”
“As long as you don’t touch that apple it will be OK.”
“Will you be home to eat?”
“Probably have something at the Club”.
“The Club?”
“It is a place God created on the eighth day where golfers can sit and have a bite and a drink and a chat”.
“You’ll be late then?”
“Probably”.
“In that case I may pop round to see Sid”.
“Who’s Sid?”
“Sid Serpent – he gave me the apple!”

“ I thought there was only you and me”.
“There’s always someone looking for a friendly twoball”.
“That wasn’t the way the story went”.
“Don’t believe everything you read in books. Have a good game!

No comments:

Post a Comment