Wednesday 6 April 2016

Curiosity

When I wrote about Swanage I didn't finish my story about Curiosity.


It's not really about a lady ringing the AA to come and repair her scooter, although you could be forgiven for thinking so from the picture of the exterior of the shop which from the signs below the windows indicates its importance even in the winter months of a seaside resort in that it opens 363 days a year. 
Everyone to whom I have mentioned this shop replies: "Oh yes! we always go to Curiosity at Swanage  when we need this or that".

Here's why!




and here are the charmers who will serve you and help you find what you never knew you needed.


My friend John Beaty Pownall tells me that in Llucmajor in Majorca there is a similar establishment - Wongs Emporium. I can only add that Curiosity in Swanage is alwight with me and however good the emporium may be, two wongs will never make a wight.

I forgot to add, yesterday, that Swanage is such an interesting place they even have a painting of a derelict building so that you will feel at home if you live in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment