Tuesday 20 January 2015

Can you only please some of the people some of the time?




This is 'our local', 
The Blackwater Stream, Broadstone.



 




It looks like this with people in it - at 6.15pm on a Tuesday evening! 











Same day, same time; taken from where I sat. Comfortable enough for me and many others.








Referring to Trap Avoider which, if you read every single review would mean you would never go anywhere, there are some who like it and some who seem to think that for two very good steaks and two large glasses of red wine or two pints of decent beer for under £18 in total served by very pleasant and polite young people, you should be receiving five star hotel service.


So, it has become a bit worn in places. So have I at my age. You would you be too if you had to accommodate the many customers who throng here every night. I imagine Master Wetherspoon will do a bit of refurbishing before too long!

I haven't written for Trap Avoider, but I have eaten here more times in the six weeks since I moved to Dorset than I have in any pub in the last twenty years - and I spent most of my working life in the Brewery Trade!

Pubs wouldn't be closing at the rate they are if they provided what the Blackwater Stream offers its customers.


No comments:

Post a Comment